Updated on Thursday 27th October 2022
- Recorra Ltd (registered number 3961507) having its registered office at 52 Lant Street, London SE1 1RB. Recorra will be referred to as “us”, “we” or “our”.
- This is Recorra’s Customer Returns Policy (“Returns Policy”) referred to in the Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale (“the Conditions”) of Recorra Ltd (“Recorra”)
- Words and expressions in this Returns Policy shall have the same meanings as set out in the Conditions unless stated to the contrary.
- In the event of any conflict between the terms of the Conditions and the terms of this Returns Policy the provisions of the Conditions will prevail.
- In addition to this Returns Policy Recorra has supplementary returns policies in respect of specialised product groups contained in the Trade Price List and which are notified to the purchasers of such products.
- In the event of any conflict between the terms of this Returns Policy and the terms of any of the specialised product groups returns policies then the provisions of the relevant specialised product group returns policy will prevail.
- Recorra has the discretion (which it may exercise as it wishes) to accept the return of any of the Goods supplied to but not required by the Customer (upon such terms in respect of a handling charge of 20% of the invoiced value or otherwise as we may choose) and to issue a credit note in respect thereof. Any request by the Customer to us to exercise such a discretion must be made in accordance with the procedure and within the time periods set out in Condition 3 and is subject to the provisions of this Condition 2.
- We will only consider any claim by the Customer for a return if the provisions of this Returns Policy are complied with and:
- The items to be returned are in their original inner and outer packaging and none of the packaging shall have been written upon, taped or had permanent labels attached;
- The items to be returned are in otherwise satisfactory and merchantable condition and may be re-sold at the price that would have been paid by the Customer;
- The items to be returned are of a type distributed by Recorra at the time of the claim;
- In the case of electronic office machines Recorra has a like remedy against the manufacturer thereof;
- In the case of dated products the return request is made by 10 December of the year previous to the year to which such dated products relate; and
- In the case of computer consumable products, the outer seal has not been tampered with in any way. If the Customer returns such product(s) as faulty, it will only be granted a credit note if the manufacturer of such product(s) accepts that the product has not been misused, over loaded, incorrectly installed or incorrectly stored. In certain circumstances, a faulty product evaluation form must be completed by the Customer.
- If a return is accepted a credit note will be issued in the sum of that part of the purchase price paid in respect of the Goods returned less deductions for our costs as set out in Condition 2.1.
- Recorra will not (without prejudice to its discretion in Condition 2.1) accept the return of any electrical items which have been removed from their packaging or any food stuffs or food products.
- The Customer may not return Bespoke Goods or any Goods marked as non-returnable in the price list.
Claims Procedure for Returns
- Recorra’s customer sales office or services office must be notified of any claim in respect of any returns or request by post, facsimile, e-mail or by telephone specifying the reason giving rise to such claim or return. Notification must be made within the time limits set out below for each reason giving rise to a claim:
- Where any product is no longer required - within 15 Working Days;
- Where a product was ordered and invoiced but an incorrect product was sent out due to picker error - within 3 Working Days;
- Where a product delivered to the Customer was not ordered by the Customer but invoiced to the Customer and delivered in error - within 5 Working Days;
- Where a product delivered to the Customer was not ordered by the Customer and has not been invoiced to the Customer or the product was over supplied - within 20 Working Days. Where such a claim or request is made by telephone it will only be considered if an acknowledgement reference is obtained at the time and the claim or request is confirmed by post, fax or e-mail by the Customer within 3 Working days quoting the acknowledgement reference.
- Recorra will only consider a returns request in respect of any of the Goods if the following further information is given:
- The invoice number and/or the advice note number in respect of the Goods;
- The part number of the item (or any description that clearly identifies the item to be returned);
- The quantity of the Goods (expressed in Recorra’s correct unit of sale) the subject of the returns request; and
- The reason for the returns request and the collections note number and/or the returns note number. Where the Customer could not have discovered the subject of the claim set out in Condition 3.1, then the Customer must notify us within a reasonable time of the discovery of the potential claim.