We make sure that your used electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) is sent for ethical and compliant processing with our re-use, repair and refurbishment service. In accordance with the WEEE Directive, all electrical items, such as fridges, freezers, hoovers and toasters must be collected, assessed for re-use and where appropriate, recycled.
of electrical goods refurbished or recycled in the last 30 days
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive was transposed into UK law from a European Community Directive in 2006. The UK regulations place legal obligations to prevent electrical and electronic equipment being disposed of in the general waste stream.
For businesses, a licensed waste carrier must be contracted to collect and either recover or recycle equipment and it must not be placed into the general waste stream. We prioritise refurbishment over recycling in accordance with the waste hierarchy. We do this by carefully assessing all equipment at our sorting facility.
What do we collect?
Anything with a plug counts; we can collect toasters, kettles, microwaves and any other unwanted kitchen appliances.
Dishwashers, washing machines and fridges can all be collected. Items containing ozone depleting substances, like fridges, will require a hazardous waste note.
How do we collect?
- For larger quantities of electrical and electronic equipment
- We drop the cage off and collect it along with your other recycling, at a time that suits you
- On wheels, so useful for bulking up equipment that is stored in various locations
- We can collect loose items of electrical and electronic equipment
- Collected along with your other recycling or as a one-off clearance
- You will be asked for an inventory of items and we will provide you with a quote
Find Out More
What happens to your electrical equipment
Electrical and electronic equipment is generated at your workplace
Our truck will collect your redundant equipment from your premises
All equipment is taken back to our depot where it is sorted and assessed by our team of experts
After assessment, items are repaired and refurbished. Where items are irreparable, they are recycled into component parts